Michael J. Lavery P.A. litigates the rights of employers and employees in the workplace pertaining to a broad variety of labor and employment matters, such as:
Non Competition Agreements - Representing employers for employee non-compete violations and employees who have been sued by their former employers who are likely seeking an injunction against the employees.
Employee Whistle-Blower Termination or Retaliation Claims - Employees terminated or retaliated against based upon the reporting of the illegal conduct by the employer under the Florida Whistle-blower Acts and various Federal whistle-blower acts.
- Employee Wrongful Termination – Including illegal layoff and retaliatory discharge claims.
- Employee Wage and Overtime Claims – Disputes in wages and unpaid vacation time claims, as well as claims for overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Claims – Entitlement of an employee to FMLA leave.
- Employee COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act) Claims - Claims against employers that have failed to provide the necessary paperwork for terminated employees to continue health insurance.
- Employee Trade Secrets Act Violations Claims - Litigation arising under the Florida Trade Secrets Act for misappropriation. Misappropriation is the wrongful acquisition, disclosure or use of a trade secret.
- Employee Review, Negotiation and Litigation of Workplace Contracts - Drafting, reviewing and negotiating of workplace contracts and enforcing these contracts through litigation, if necessary.
Michael J. Lavery P.A. has handled a number of these cases in the past, particularly for members of the medical community (physicians, etc.). We are knowledgeable of the relevant statutes governing Florida labor and employment agreements and we apply this knowledge to the best interests of our clients.
If you’re looking for a hands-on Employment Lawyer to handle your case, then you need to contact Boynton Beach Attorney Michael J Lavery to discuss your legal options. The Law Firm of Michael J Lavery P.A. serves all counties in South Florida, including Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade counties.Contact us today for a consultation.